Wednesday, November 28, 2012






Blessings of a Teacher's Life



Since this exercise ended, I have continued to count blessings.  It has become a fabulous habit-one that is making my life richer than I ever imagined.  If you've followed, then you know I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, and a teacher.  You know that I work with Bethlehem Ministry in Haiti.  I love my life and my work--and almost always I feel that I have in the words of Sir Ken Robinson "found my element."  Teaching doesn't take energy from me--it renews me.  Still, as happens to most of us at times, there are days when due to illness, lack of sleep, or some other reason I find myself thinking "left foot, then right."  Today was one of those days.  Then at lunchtime I got an email from the Mom of a former student, Anne Lanier.  This mother shared with me the  link below--showcasing Anne Lanier's photo essays from her work in Haiti.  What a spectacular person and talented photographer Anne Lanier is!  I am so honored to have been with her on that first trip.  My work brings me into the spheres of special, world changing people.  What blessings teaching brings!

A student tells a Story

Follow the above link to see a beautiful story in pictures by Anne Lanier Gilbert.

No comments: