Monday, May 2, 2011

What is God Made Of?

Saturday April 30, 2011 Blessing # 358

There I was, just relaxing on the couch and nursing my baby.  Katie, my 5 year old, climbs up beside me and very matter of factly asks, "Mommy, What is God made of? I mean boys are made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails and girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice, so what is God made of? What Mommy?"  I said what I almost always say in these situations: "What an excellent question, Katie! Let's ask Papa (my Dad the Pastor!)."  But, I took a stab at it a few minutes later when I said:

"I believe God is made of Love."  She responded with "How do you know Mommy?"  "I don't know, Katie, I believe--and I believe it because every time I feel or see love I sense that I am in the presence of God."  She said, "Oh, OK!" and bounced off to change into another outlandish outfit and continue being a 5 year old little girl. That was enough for her. She left that interchange completely satisfied.


Today I am thankful for a moment with my daughter I will always remember. I was blessed by her example of child like faith.

No comments: