Friday, April 15, 2011

Blessings X 3

Sunday March 27, 2011 Blessing #324

A rainy, dreary family day is just what the doctor ordered. Sometimes you just need to slow down and enjoy being with each other--without having to hurry to the next place, or plan for the next event.  Today was that for our family, and it felt good.

Monday March 28, 2011 Blessing #325

By some miracle, I mangaged to get the kids fed and the homework complete before piano.  That's no small feat, but I would be remiss if I didn't admit that there was bribery involved.  Nothing gets the kids motivated to eat and work like the promise of milkshakes on the way home from piano.

Speaking of milkshakes--I have never been this hungry.  Nursing makes me famished!  It is wild that I have gone from growing a baby inside of me to growing one on the outside--and I need even more calories than when  I was pregnant.  It just has me thinking--what if I couldn't get enough to eat?  What if I didn't have access to healthy food that I need to make good milk for Henslee? There is a powerful scene in the novel Pillars of the Earth when a pregnant Mom is malnourished-she later dies in childbirth.  It happens all the time in Haiti and other improvished nations--and I know it happens closer to home as well.  I can't imagine the horror of not being able to provide for my children.  Today I am so thankful that I have plenty to eat--that I can feed my family (including Henslee!).

Wednesday March 30, 2011 Blessing #327

Granna is back!  She is feeling better--and the kids are so excited to spend time with her.  We had an incredible meal at LOCOS, watched a movie, and just enjoyed being together.  I am so glad she get to have to some special time with Henslee-her namesake.  It is a great thing, the way a new baby brings the family together. I have gotten to see so much of the people I love!  This baby is not even a month old--and she has already given so much to our family by brining us all together.

No comments: