Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Still Catching Up!

Saturday, April 9, 2011 Blessing #337

I have my Mom all to myself!  We have laughed so much already this weekend--and that is really saying something, given that finding and settling into our accommodations was a nightmare.  After we got on campus, we realized due to a communication error that we were slotted to be in a cabin with students from other high schools.  Clearly, with me nursing every 3 hours, this wasn't going to do.  So, we began looking for a hotel (parked on the Berry campus, with me nursing in the back seat!), and couldn't find one with a vacancy within 30 miles from the school.  I couldn't believe it--Rome is famous for not having much going on except when Berry or Shorter are having a graduation.  I love Interact, but there is no way it has filled up every hotel!  So, we ended up at a Holiday Inn in Cedartown (in their last room--really?  It is a one horse town!) at Midnight.  It took an hour to get checked in, and then I began unloading the truck.  Because of the pack and play it took another half hour. Finally at 2:00 am we were in bed.  Henslee never missed a beat--in fact, she slept straight through it--it was the first night she went from 10:30 until 5:30 without feeding--but a lot of good it did me, traipsing all over creation lugging a pack and play at just 5 weeks post partum.

I have a chronic issue with over extending myself.  You know, saying, "oh, we'll just go! with the new baby" several months ago didn't seem like such a big deal until I was crashing into bed at 2am.  Promising to be grateful everyday for a year didn't seem like a stretch either--but it is tough and has required major discipline.  I mean, in the throws of the mess last night and early this morning, it is my job to find the blessing.

Well, here it is--Mom and I will never forget that! (kind of like that time we spent Dad's emergency money on lingerie in FLA).  We laughed until our sides hurt, and had it all gone according to plan it wouldn't have been nearly as special. So I'm thankful I woke up in a bed--thankful my Mom is here to help me navigate this craziness--and thankful I love my work with Interact Club enough to commit to it in the first place!




Sunday, April 10, 2011 Blessing #338

Oh, my back hurts!  But we are home and I am so glad.  It was a wonderful weekend.  Watching young people celebrate service is a fabulous past time. It was great to visit with the Rotarians who support their work, and I will cherish the memories I made with Mom.  But now, I am thankful for a safe trip home--and that tonight I will sleep in my bed (for however long Henslee allows it!)  Oh, and the District Interact Chair informed me they were making a gift to Bethlehem Ministry in my honor.  That made me pretty happy!

No comments: