Saturday, March 26, 2011

Appreciating this Body!

Monday March 7, 2011 Blessing #304

Older kids were up early and off on the bus...that has been such a great thing! Granna is here, and she had them dressed with lunches made before Henslee and I had even emerged from her bedroom. Then we were off to the Dr. so Dr. Glassman could check over little miss and see about her weight gain and degree of jaundice.  She is putting her weight back on--I think she lost to 9 pounds and 3 ounces, and today was back up to 9 pounds and 9 ounces.   Her yellowness is still around though, so we'll be doing some more bilirubin checks this week.

At least she is eating great--I have been blessed 3 times now with fantastic nursers.  All of my children arrived knowing how to nurse effectively-in fact, Chip taught me.  I am so grateful b/c I know lots of women have a hard time with it, and ultimately go the way of the bottle.  Had it not worked well for me, I might have done the same--and I would have missed my now favorite part of new mommy hood.  It is another reason to marvel at what my body can do--to appreciate it (despite the stretch marks and pudges in places there didn't use to be any!), and it serves as a reunion between Mom and Baby.  After 9 months physically linked-the separation is traumatic for both Mom and Baby and the feedings allow us to reconnect.

Nursing also forces me to sit down and focus on what is really important in my life.  It is one of the few times I am filled with peace that comes with knowing I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing. What a blessing for this OCD, perfectionist, and exhausted Mommy.

No comments: