Friday, March 25, 2011

Never easier....

Counting blessings has never been easier----

Saturday, March 5 2011 Blessing #302

By some miracle Trey got Chip to his rehearsal for the piano recital that comes tomorrow.  My Mom helped me get all the clothes put away that she and Jane had washed while they stayed here with the kids.  She also went to the grocery store for me.  It is unlike me to be able to accept help even, but I've learned my lesson (only took 3 kids)--this fatigue is how I am supposed to feel, and I'm supposed to listen to my body.  The bonding that happens between mother and baby is miraculous.  She cries, I nurse, the hormones get circulating and I get motherly and drowsy.  It literally becomes physically impossible to separate myself from my baby.  Anyway, as all this important Mom and baby connections are developing, I'm thrilled to have other folks taking care of the daily stuff.  I'm so lucky!



Sunday, March 6, 2011 Blessing #303

Wow, he is impressive!  This kid has to be exhausted after the week we've had.  Different folks putting him to bed at different times, plus the near all nighter at the hospital.  He really didn't have much time to practice his piano, but he nailed it.  He wavered a bit yesterday-he wasn't sure he could pull it off, but then today he got up there and hit it out of the park.  Granna, Nan, Nana, Papa, and Aunt Melanie were all with us in the audience--and Henslee slept right through it. 

I am so glad that I was able to see him shine...and then Trey and I were off with the baby to the hospital to get her bilirubin checked and Granna took Chip from piano to his soccer scrimmage.  Again, I am amazed at how many of us it takes to get the job done!  Thank God for this family!

No comments: