Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Baby Baby....is there anything else to talk about?

Thursday February 24, 2010  Blessing #293

Ha!  To think I could have been at the hospital having a baby right now.  I am so glad I am not. I am thrilled to be at work-dotting Is and crossing Ts.   I needed this time to complete final prep for my absence, and I am thankful for it.  I suppose I'm nesting  at work just like I am at home.  Today, I worked on cleaning up my office so my sub would have plenty of room to work.  Also, I said all along that I hoped to make it until March 1st at work--so I am very excited that it is still in the realm of possibility.

Anyway, it was fabulous to have another day with my students--to finish up some things in my classroom, and to leave work feeling I had put things in some sort of order.  I know, order is an illusion-but it is such a happy one to a very pregnant lady.

Friday February 25, 2010 Blessing #294

My mom came today!  Out of the blue she came to spend time with me and it was wonderful. We laughed and dreamed about Henslee.  We had an incredible lunch at DePalmas, and even though I was very uncomfortable having contractions periodically her presence was so relaxing.  I know this baby is coming sooner rather than later, and I'm betting I'm not going to make it all the way to the induction date.  Without being graphic--a woman can just know as these changes start to happen, and I can tell we're headed in that direction.  So, today I am thankful for my Mom's visit-her calming influence, and apple walnut salad at Depalmas.

No comments: