Friday, March 25, 2011

Food Glorious Food!

Friday, March 4, 2011 Blessing #301

It was amazing to wake up at home today.  Indeed, I woke up several times today--every 2 hours to be exact so I could nurse Henslee.  And, each time I woke up, I was glad to be home.  It is fabulous to be here with a healthy Mom and a healthy baby (I got very sick with childbed fever after Katie was born).  I am thrilled that I have brought my baby home to a house with clean windows, a completed nursery, and clean baseboards.  Trivial perhaps, but this nesting thing is for real......

Even better--my Mom was here to help with breakfast, get the kids on the bus to school, and ooh and aah over my little girl.  Then, my Daddy came after work to spend the night with us too--so I was surrounded by helping, loving hands.  Mom made a pot roast that was to die for--and perfect milk making food! Never in my life have I been this hungry!

Anyway, the blessing today? Trey and I are so lucky to have a home that we can be proud to bring a baby into.  We are fortunate to have family surround us and help us welcome her, and I am happy to have plenty to eat.  Mommy has to eat for baby to eat.....

No comments: