Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pleading for Mercy.....

Last night I had every intention of typing my blessing.  However, my body refused to cooperate.  I had to sleep.  It wasn't the relax on the couch and doze kind of sleep.  It was the "slur my speech if I don't lie down immediately" kind of sleep. There was no negotiating. 

So, I owe two blessings tonight....at least finding them isn't hard.

September 1, 2010  Blessing #127

It was wonderful to share my pregnancy with my students and colleagues.  Everyone was so excited and full of well wishes for our family.  I am a part of a wonderful community, and today I am acknowledging that blessing.

September 2, 2010 Blessing #128

Today I am thankful for bake potatoes, grilled chicken, and pickles.  Pregnancy cravings are fascinating to me, because I am completely unable to deny myself when one strikes. Nothing tastes as great as that first bite of the current craving.  Romantic maybe, but I think it is a way that my body makes sure the baby's body get what it needs.  What an amazing journey I am on.

No comments: