Friday, September 10, 2010

We Should Snuggle!

Brother got to ride home with a friend after school today--on the bus!  I can't remember a time I thought the bus was cool, but he was pumped. Katie and I will meet him in a little while at the Academy football game, but now we're enjoying a little girl time.

After supper, we were sitting on the couch watching Bolt.  She loves any movie with dogs...I was mindlessly flipping through a Parenting magazine and listening to the movie.  It wasn't enough of my attention for her.  Katie got up, took the magazine right out of my lap, and said, "We should snuggle."  She climbed up, positioned me just how she needed me, and never thought of apologizing for interrupting my reading.  Of course, she shouldn't have---she was right.  We did need to snuggle.  I leaned over and told her "I love being your Mom," and she fired back with "me too."  Pretty special stuff.

Blessing #136, September 10, 2010

I'm glad that Katie knows what she needs, and that she's not afraid to remind me. I 'm thankful for time with just us-it's rare for the 2nd child, but when it happens its precious.

No comments: