Monday, September 6, 2010

Wildflowers Galore

Still a day late, (and always at least a dollar short, but that's for another post), but I'll get caught up today.  We spent the day at the farm with my parents, and I could write about so many things!  I took a long walk with my Dad around that beautiful place, then took another one with my sister.  I got to watch Chip and Katie drive the golf cart down to see the cows.  We made memories that will bring laughs for years to come as we tried to herd the chickens back into their pen.  I crawled up in the bed with Mom to laugh, talk, and look over cabinet ideas for the kitchen she's building.  It was all fabulous and much needed time with my family.  Then we called Jane and found that she is handling her first round of chemo like a champ.  It was an all around great day.
The real kicker was when Katie began to pick flowers.  She was playing just outside the cabin, and she kept bringing in flower after flower for me to "keep safe."  They were brilliantly colored-and I thought she had found the motherload of wildflowers.  She gave flowers to Papa, Dad, Cary, Nana, and me, and then came back repeatedly to check on and fuss over the flowers.  This went on for at least a half hour.  Finally Mom informs me that she was pulling all of the flowers out of the window boxes just outside the door--but that I shouldn't dare stop her.  She believed they were there for the picking and the sharing (I have zero knowledge of ornamental plants), and my Mom couldn't bear to correct her.

Blessing #131 September 5, 2010  A day Late

What a blessing that Katie saw beautiful flowers and assumed they were to be picked and shared.  It never occurred to her that Mom put them there--a beautiful flower must have come from God.  How wonderful that her Nana allowed her to continue until every blossom was gone from the window box.  It was a precious moment!

No comments: