Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Calm before the Storm

November 24, 2010  Blessing #184

This has been a long time coming.  School is out today. This means that I finally get to see to all that has been in the back of my mind regarding prepping for Thanksgiving.  I am hosting this year-and it is a big group!  I love to have my home full of family, but until today there hasn't been a moment for me to prepare (or do much else for that matter). 

Well, the pace has changed, thank heaven.  I've  had my breakfast, the kids are still snoozing, and I actually have a few minutes for counting (and even typing!) blessings.  So first, I'm thankful for those few minutes--just Jake and me (our lab) in a quiet moment of gratitude.  Second, I'm thrilled that my children are still sleeping, because they need it.  They have been at each other's throats lately and all I can figure is that they are exhausted.  And finally, I am so blessed to have a wonderful Thanksgiving to look forward to.  There is nothing better than a great big family around the table--laughing and making memories.  I am tired--and I am busy, but I have really got it made.

No comments: