Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Blessing #186, November 25 2010  Thanksgiving Day

It was a busy, wonderful day.  After working all day Wednesday and today to prep, I am exhausted, but happy.  I laughed until I cried with my Mom and my sisters sitting around the table.  I watched the kids playing on the front lawn, the grown ups passing around baby Miles, and the plates fill up with food.  It just doesn't get any better than a house full of love, laughter, and yummy stuff to eat. 

Also, it's Granna's birthday--we didn't see her for Thanksgiving this year, but I am so thankful for her!

Blessing #187, November 26, 2010  The Day After

This was to be the day for getting it done--the trip to the landfill, the borrowed chairs back to school, the harvest decorations put away, the laundry done, the TV room that is soon to be Henslee's room cleaned out, and of course the black Friday internet shopping. Well, my body, and this baby, had other plans.  I have never been so tired as I am today. I feel like my arms and legs are full of lead-and I just can't work but for 15 minutes or so without having to sit down.  My back is sore from the cooking, shopping, and cleaning-and I know I am a touch anemic, so I guess it's a combinaton of all of those that has just stopped me in my tracks.  So, I didn't get it done, but I am thankful for a day where we are all at home--I have laid on the couch, snuggled with my children, and even took a nap.  It was just what I needed-I forget to slow down, but sometimes my body tells me I have to.  I'm thankful that when my body told me, I was able to listen without having to miss appointments or work, and when Trey was home and could take over the kids.

Blessing #188, November 6, 2010 (Catching up)

I'm home safe.  Thank  heaven--every time Trey and I are on a plane together, I consider-"What if something happens to both of us?"  It's a President, Vice president thing, I guess--Anyway, I am still sick, and my head was killing me on the plane, but I am so relieved to be home with my kids snug in their beds, that nothing else matters.  It is great to get away, but even better to come home and be together again.  This home and this family--I am surrounded by gifts from God.  I am such a blessed woman.

Blessing #189, November 7, 2010

I am still sick--I suppose if I'm not better tomorrow I will have to go the doctor.  The traveling caught up with me, and I spent today lying on the sofa snuggling with my children and watching TV.  I hate that I missed church, but I don't have any business spreading germs there.  In any case, I am thankful that it is Sunday and I can rest in my home.  This is my sanctuary, and I know that plenty of people don't feel that way.  Perhaps they are homeless, or perhaps their homes are not safe--I know I take my home for granted, so today I'm stopping to recognize the blessing I have in it.

No comments: