Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Super Mom

Monday November 29, 2010  Blessing #196

Today Chip told me that I am a "Super Mom."  This may sound silly, but if you know me at all you know I am majorly into super heroes--they are just as real to me as to my 8 year old son (ahem, and 65 year old father, but what can I say? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree). Coupled with my ever present need to be flawless (I am trying to overcome this, I promise) you can understand that Chip's words were music to my ears. 


I had just picked up he and Katie-we had to hurry to get dinner and get to piano, and the kids said, "Mom did you bring us a surprise?"  Often, but not every day, I will bring them a snack for the car; a granola bar, cookie or juice box for the ride home.  It is usually whatever I have on hand in my classroom.  Ask any mother and they will tell you that hungry children in the back seat is a horrible idea. Anyway on a Monday it didn't seem necessary as we almost always eat at Chick Fil A before we head to piano (it is on the way which makes for a fabulous excuse to make Monday night our eat out night).  I explained this to them, and Chip says "It's OK, you're still a Super Mom!"  I have a feeling that as he gets older, there will be fewer and fewer words of praise coming from his mouth, so I'm so thankful for these!

No comments: