Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Friday Night Lights

Friday, November 12, 2010  Blessing # 197

I love the community of teaching.  It is great to meet them in my classroom and talk biology, but I also love to see them out with their families at sporting events, plays, etc.  However, as much as I love to see the kids play football, it is not always practical for me.  First of all, Trey is working all the football games for the Academy, so he is on the sideline.  That means it is Chip, Katie, and me.  But, it isn't us at our best-in fact, we are all 3 pretty zonked on Friday nights from a long week.   When we go, the kids usually  make it till about half time-then one or both end up in meltdown mode and we have to leave.  So, tonight I'm not going to brave it.  The coolest thing is that I can still watch the game in real time!  Our school Media and Tech club produces live web casts of the games-so I can see my students shine on the field while my children are tucked snug in their beds.  Tonight I am thankful that via technology I have almost achieved being in 2 places at once. I always feel pulled between work and home--and tonight I am can do what I want to do for both at the same time!

No comments: