Sunday, December 12, 2010

Stealing Away

December 12, 2010  Blessing #219

I am a basket case of emotion.  In the last 48 hours I have been moved to tears by children playing the piano, a Folgers commercial, Henslee's wiggling, and  a super cheesy ABC family movie.  I must be in some hormonal surge that makes me more senstive. It's not that I'm sad, but rather that I am feeling everything more intensely (including fatigue!).

So, it was a fabulous break today when I attended a Holiday party at a friend's house.  We're not doing sitters, so Trey was home with the kids.  I got to get in the car alone, drive to a grown up function, and have grown up conversation with girl friends.  It was a lovely party, and it was just what I needed.

So today, I am thankful for my husband who hung with the kids, my friend who opened her home, and my girl friends who are so much fun!

No comments: