Thursday, December 2, 2010

No where to go??

Saturday November 20, 2010 Blessing #206

So, today was the first Saturday in a long time without a soccer game to get to across town.   I got to stay in my pajamas, make a big breakfast, and snuggle with my children and husband on the sofa.  There is something very special about time to be still together-and we've really needed it.  When our hectic weeks are capped with hectic weekends, we all begin to feel frazzled. They kids get irritable, over tired, and if we're not careful sick.  I get short tempered and overwhelmed, and Trey works himself to exhaustion.  We have gotten better about saying no to weekend engagements, but somethings aren't going away.  We love our church, and it is important. Chip loves soccer and we all love to watch him play. We are still working our kiesters off to dig out of debt while not incurring any more, so the extra revenue Trey is generating right now is such a blessing and a priority.  Today, I am thankful for the still morning moments with my family-and I'm going to try and create more of them.

No comments: