Sunday, December 19, 2010

Love

Sunday December 19, 2010  Blessing #226

So far still healthy....and very grateful that we were able to be in church today for the 4th Sunday of Advent. 

It was wonderful to see my Sunday School class.  In worship we lit the Love candle, and I reflected on all the Love in my life.  It is the reason that surrounded in this University town by educated, agnostic folks I still believe in God, in the power of Good, and in the power of Love. 

I have mentioned here that even though I may be smart--I'm not always rational. Faith isn't about being rational or examing evidence.  It is about trusting in something that can't be explained or measured.  I can't imagine my life without faith--this isn't to say that I haven't asked tough questions and struggled when I couldn't find the answers, but unlike in science I don't expect to understand everything about God or the supernatural.  I believe that Faith is a gift from God that has led me through many dark places-and will lead me through many more.  I believe that the stories in the Bible illustrate God's love for us-and that His love makes our love for each other possible.  I'm not too hung up on particulars--in other words, I'm not a literalist, but rather I believe in the license of the story teller to make the story come alive to teach a central point.  Time and again, the point of the story is Love.  This week, I'm going to try to focus on and celebrate the Love in my life.  I am so blessed!

No comments: