Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Wonders of Yoga

Thursday December, 2 2010  Blessing #209

I have been worried about finding time to exercise. It is always important to me, but I know that it is even more important when I'm pregnant (for sanity, but also b/c I get gestational diabetes).  This working full time and gestating is new to me, and it is tough to get it all done.  Anyway, the other day I was wishing I could find a yoga class that would work with my schedule-and just a few minutes later I got an email from a colleague announcing an after school yoga class for teachers at our school every Thursday for the rest of the year!

Talk about good fortune-practicing yoga is so important to me. It is a time for  my mind to be still and for me to appreciate and listen to my body.  In a way, it is an exercise in finding blessings. In my practice I concentrate on being grateful for my body-and practicing with Henslee inside of me I am even more in awe of the gifts my body can bring forth.

Today was the first class, and it was marvelous!  It isn't everyday that an activity for my health (mental, physical, or spiritual) is so convenient and possible.  Today I am thankful for my new yoga class.

No comments: