Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Greatest Game Ever Played

Saturday, November 13, Blessing #198

Oh it is a busy day!  By some miracle Trey has seen a personal training client, we have gotten to see Chip play his last soccer game (2 left footed goals-I'm telling you the kid has skills), get his medal for a great season, and we got Chip to his first basketball practice.  Reading over that, it sounds like it was easy--I should mention we had to hurry to a chick fil a to get Katie some eggs as she headed into a low blood sugar meltdown and then we had to go to Target to get socks for basketball since the ones from soccer were wet and nasty.

Anyway, I was tired, and I really had hoped Trey was going to take Chip to basketball.  Turns out he had to work with wrestlers, so it had to be me.  Even with my fatigue-heading into that gym brought back the most wonderful memories.  The smell of the wood floor, the sound of the basket balls bouncing, and the swishing of the net instantly put me at ease and made me feel at home.  I was never a star player--but I was pretty good and I was consistent.  I loved the intellect involved in the game, and I loved coaching it.  Hopefully--as the kids grow up, I will be able to again.  Anyway, today I am thankful for that moment of nostalgia-I felt like a teenager again.  How wonderful that I have so many happy memories from my youth.  Add to that Chip's great practice, and it was a terrific day!

No comments: