Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Footed Pajamas

December 22, 2010  Blessing #229

This is the way the Holidays are supposed to be!  It was a fabulous, stress-free day.  The kids and I ran to Walmart this morning to pick up a few things and it wasn't even crowded.  We spent the afternoon wrapping presents and taking an hour long walk (well, Chip biked and spent most of his time waiting on me!).  The weather was gorgeous--and the kids got a ton of play outside time, which they were really needing! 

Tonight, my best friend since 8th grade, Heather, came to visit with her family and we got to watch our kids exchange presents.  They were so excited to see each other--it reminded me of how Heather and I always said we'd grow up and live next door to each other so our kids could play.  Tonight was the next best thing! 

She has a daughter, Merritt, born last March--and tonight she brought me tons of clothes that will be just the right season for Henslee.  I mean this little girl isn't going to need a thing to wear!  Nothing says a baby is coming like bibs and footed pajamas!  As we sat and went through each item it just became so real to me, and I got so excited I nearly turned inside out.  Little bitty toes--little bitty fingers--little bitty peach fuzz for hair!  All the wonderful babyness is about to be back in the Scott house!

So--tonight I'm thankful for my friendship with Heather--for her beautiful family--for loads of clothes, and for this baby girl who will be here before I know it!

No comments: