Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Healthy Obsession

November 14, 2010  Blessing #199

My husband is ridiculously good looking.  It just gets better as we age.  A magnificent jaw line, an incredibly fit build, and gorgeous blue eyes.  Now, I know that looks aren't the most important thing, but I can be grateful for them, can't I?  You should see the ladies turn their heads when he walks in a room.  You just can't help but notice him.  Plenty of this is genetic, but I have to tell you, Trey takes care of himself.  He exercises, he eats right (usually), and he is still into playing competitive sports.  Every Sunday he plays soccer for a team at the Y.  He is always looking for races and triathlons to enter, and he never compromises on his workouts.

Sometimes, this frustrates me.  I love to exercise, but it is just not as easy for me to get it worked into my schedule.  Then, today, I would really like him to be here helping me cart clean clothes upstairs and put them away.

But today, I'm pausing to be thankful.  He is healthy and active-he is setting a wonderful example for my children, and he just gets better looking.

No comments: