Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stop Hunger Now to Princess Tea Party

Blessing #177, October 30, 2010

This was a full day.  Trey had to take Chip with him to meet personal training clients-then to his soccer game.  Katie and I were up early to head to the Academy for an Interact fund raiser.  We hosted a "Mom's and Dad's morning out" to raise money for our big project this year--Stop Hunger Now.  Stop Hunger Now WebsiteWhat a blessing to see these high school kids up early on a Saturday to help others.  The kids I work with help me see that the future is really bright.

Anyway, then Chip went to play with a friend while Trey and I took Katie to her tea party at Southern Belles and Beaus.  During these parties, the girls dress up like Disney princesses and a Disney princess is on hand (she chose Aurora) to help run the party.  There are tea cups, tea cakes, and ring pops.  Really, the party was the opposite of the one we had with the family...sticks, mud, tractor rides.  But as my Dad says, "Katie's world shouldn't be an either/or world, but a both/and world."  Pretty smart guy, my Dad.  Anyway, as we were dropping Chip off, Katie says, "Brother! You're not coming to my party?"  And he replies, dismissively, "Katie, that is a lot to ask of a man."   I don't know where he is getting this, but it is cracking me up.

So, I'm thankful for kids who want to make the world better, my Dad who wants what's best for his grand daughter, and my son who is so full of himself!

No comments: