Monday, November 15, 2010

On the Blog Again...

I am happy to be back--I have been counting blessings all along, but have not been able to sit at the keyboard long enough to transfer them to my site.  No matter....I have a lot to catch up on, and I'm going to type up at least one before I have to wake and feed the kids....

October 29, 2010 Friday Blessing #176

I picked Chip and Katie up early today, because they were going with me to the Dr. to see the baby for the first time.  The appointment had been scheduled and rescheduled countless times, but it finally was coming to pass.  Sadly, I had to pick Chip up during his Halloween class party, so as we were leaving he choked down his cupcake with black icing while protesting "Aw, Mom."  As we pulled into the parking lot at the Dr, I turn around and see that is face is covered in that black icing, and I immediately employ the age old technique of spit bath.  I said son, "Did any of the cupcake make it into your stomach?"  He gave me the most grown up look and replied dismissively with, "Mom, when a man is going to eat a cupcake, he has to do what he has to do."  So, my soon to be 8 year old believes he is a man....and while I know better, I also know that he has crossed some important threshold in that, if even for a only a brief moment, he was thinking of me not as "mom" but as  "woman" and himself not as kid but "man."  I've been laughing ever since......

And, Henslee gave Chip and Katie a thumbs up on ultrasound, so the day couldn't have been much better!

No comments: