Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Alpha female

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 Blessing #278

Wednesdays are always tough b/c my planning periods drop and I pick up club meetings--but today I had to add in a parent conference with Katie's teacher, which meant one more ball to juggle (or catch on a bounce!). 

I will say, this is all being made infinitely better because there are now 2 teachers in my class!  My long term sub is already working with me--it is wild the difference another pair of hands and another mind can make in terms of what seems possible.

So, here's what I learned about little Katie Scott. She is smart as a whip and she is 100% alpha female.  Now, this may not be a technical term, but I understand it to mean a female who is confident, perhaps beautiful, a natural leader, and very clever.  That's her alright--on the one hand, I'm thrilled.  There is no way folks are going to convince Katie Scott to do something she doesn't want to do.  On the other hand, I can see that she is going to need a little sensitivity training and practice viewing the world from others' perspectives.  In other words, she has to learn that just because she can convince folks to do what she wants them to, it isn't necessarily the right thing to do.

Well, watch out world for this little dynamo.  I will have no problem taking her to task as necessary, but I am loving watching her develop into this strong-willed, self-assured little lady.  What a girl!

No comments: