Sunday, February 6, 2011

You Shall Cry for Help, and He Will Say, Here I am.

Sunday, February 6, 2011 Blessing #275

Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of injustice, to undo the thongs of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover them, and not to hide yourself from your own kin? Then your light shall break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up quickly; your vindicator shall go before you, the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry for help, and he will say, Here I am. Isaiah 58:6-9a

I am tired today and a little teary.  I was up at 5 to start laundry and tackle the kitchen-then woke the kids and got their breakfast ready so we could head to Sunday School.  Then there was grocery shopping, a trip to good will, lesson plan writing, and readying the house for the week.  My back is really hurting, and I feel like the weekend is gone before I've been able to accomplish half of my list. I work all of the time-and I love it, but when I get to the end of a weekend and realize that I'm not ready to head back, I think, "Anna, you've got to stop it with all of these weekend committments."  The only problem is I can't. 

I love it all.  I believe it is all important and worthwhile.  I love seeing Chip play basketball, I love waking up to work with Spartans in service, I love visiting with my family and getting prepped for Baby's arrival, and I love going in on Monday morning feeling prepared for my week of teaching science. The funniest part of all of this is that even though I felt pressed for time today, after the groceries got put away, I had to nap. My back was killing me and my ankles were swollen. Henslee said, "Enough, Mom!" and that was the end of that.  The kids were exhausted too, and napped right along with me (that could be the whole blessing for the day right there!).  I think we all are weary and ready for Daddy to come home.


Presently, the vegetable soup is simmering on the stove (full of beef--for the iron you know, can't be needing any transfusions at delivery), 75% of the laundry is waiting to be folded on my bed, the Super Bowl is being recorded, and the kids are watching a Tinkerbell movie.  Chip and I have yet to tackle the remainder of his T-Rex research paper, lunches need to be packed, recycling bins taken down, and bills paid.  After my snooze, I'm really wondering how will I do it all?  Then I sat down for my devotion and the scripture from Isaiah was the focus.  It was just what I needed to read.  Yes, I'm tired--the road is long, and sometimes it is hard.  But I'm doing good work--I'm doing good work in my home, in my body, at Athens Academy, and in Haiti.  And the Lord continues to give me the strength I need to accomplish all this.  The answer to the question is, "Anna, you will do it all, but you won't do it alone.  I am here and I will help you."  Today I heard that answer.  That is the blessing.

No comments: