Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sprinkle Sprinkle for the Little Star

Sunday February 13, 2011 Blessing #282

Trey and I are in a supper club made up of 5 families.  I'm sure I've written here about them before--but recently, one of the ladies called and informed that the other ladies would like to take me out to eat and sprinkle baby Henslee with gifts.  I am of the school of thought that showers for 3rd babies are not really appropriate, but I love the low key sprinkle idea.  It was a fabulous night-and a great diversion from the discomforts of pregnancy.  We laughed so loud the waiter had to look at us sternly more than once-we shared stories about our children and husbands, and we dreamed about passing Henslee around during the next supper club event.

I know Katie gets a portion of her alphaness from me--so you would think I would be brimming with self confidence.  Yet, at one point I looked around the table and couldn't believe my good fortune to have these friends.  More than friends--they are part of the village that it takes to raise my children, and I'm so lucky to have them.

No comments: