Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dress it Up

Wednesday, February 16, 2011  Blessing #285

I love my work.  Today was the annual Schacht Lecture-named for a founding trustee member (I think).  Each year we bring in a keynote speaker for our National Honor Society tapping ceremony.  The kids dress up, sit up straight, and seem so mature.

Today was the first lecture I couldn't attend--my ankles and feet are really swelling, and there is no graceful way to elevate them in the Presentation Hall.  However, I loved the dressed up feel of campus and I love that our students are exposed to events like this.  It reminds me so much of the "cultural events" we attended at Berry College--and to think these kids are getting exposed in high school.

Anyway, today I'm thankful for the opportunities students at Athens Academy received.  What a lucky and good place this is!

No comments: