Sunday, February 6, 2011

Something I know

Friday, February 4, 2011  Blessing #273

What a week!  This business of running things without Daddy is for the birds.  He's usually gone early and home late, but there is something about knowing I can call him, hug him, or commiserate with him that makes me feel at ease.  The kids are missing him too-and as much as they love me, I am not measuring up.

Still, we've managed and the weekend is here.  The biggest concern was that I would have this baby early-and at least so far, that's not the case!  I did have my 34 week check up, and my Dr. says Henslee is already 7 pounds.  I'm not too surprised-Chip and Katie were born at 38 weeks and were around 9#, so this baby is going to big.  The good news is we both seem healthy (well, except for my anemia--it's back!  It's really not fair to have to choose between anemia and digestive upset!  I will have to choose upset tummy so I can build up my iron stores pre delivery.)  We got an ultrasound on the schedule for 36 weeks-so we'll see just how big she gets!

I got home and found the rest of closet organizers waiting at the front door, so I jumped into action and hung them in all the closets upstairs.  I know this is an overstatement, but next to marrying Trey and having his children buying these things feels like the greatest idea I've ever had!  Ahhhh-the mental filter of pregnancy.  I got Henslee's bed made up, and her room is just about ready.  There are just a few more items on my list pre baby--the car detail before we put her seat in, the windows cleaned inside and out, and I'm going to have the house deep cleaned.  As much as I would love to get on my knees and scrub baseboards I am not altogether sure I could get back up. 

Anyway, after a long week it was so soothing to listen to her heartbeat-sort of like listening to running water, it has a huge relaxing effect on me.  I may be a bit tired, but she's got what she needs, and that's because I'm able to give it to her.  It really does feel like I'm assisting in a miracle.  So, I guess it is OK to feel tired--it's pretty important work.  So today--Thank God I am still pregnant and all seems well there.  Thank God Daddy is safe in Haiti and having a productive trip and thank God he'll be home soon!

No comments: