Monday, July 19, 2010

Blissful, Happy Sleep

I am worn out! I walked for an hour this morning pushing Katie in the stroller while Chip rode his bike. Then tonight I walked another 45 minutes with my sister, Jean, and her family. I have that wonderful tired, almost achy feeling. In between I was busy doing laundry, cleaning the house, and unpacking from our trip to Greenville.

There are times I fall into bed mentally or emotionally exhausted and sleep feels like a necessary, not happy, escape. Nights like this, though, I fall into bed with the physical exhaustion that comes with more than typical exercise, and drifting off to sleep feels happy and blissful.

Blessing #83, July 19, 2010

I am blessed that I am fit enough to exercise. Exercise makes everything in my mind and body better and stronger. I have had knee surgeries, barely escaped back surgery, and I still take my able body for granted. Well, today I am acknowledging this gift.

No comments: