Friday, July 16, 2010

Pride and Prejudice

The kids and I are in Greenville, SC visiting my sister, Cary. We have the best time together, and it's hard for folks to tell where my laughter stops and hers begins. I have 4 sisters, and I wish we could all be together--but seeing each even one at a time is a blessing.

Anyway, tonight we went to Blockbuster to rent Pride and Prejudice, and we got an impromptu lecture from the man working the counter about picking up the "Pride, Prejudice and Zombies" book as a great vacation read. Cary and I were stifling laughs the whole time. He explained that the book was nearly 90% accurate to the original except that Jane and Lizzie were trained as super ninja zombie assassins, and every now and then in the story zombies appear that need to be "Handled." We will laugh about this forever! (Jane Austen probably won't however!)

Blessing #80, July 16, 2010

I am thankful for the jokes and memories that I share with my loved ones. It is wonderful that I have time to steal away and hang with my sister for a weekend.

No comments: