Saturday, July 10, 2010

Famous Blood

Chip has been telling everyone that he and his Dad are related to Francis Scott Key. He is 100% convinced of this, and has even been caught explaining to those who are Scotts by marraige that they don't enjoy this famous blood. Well, we have no evidence that this is true, but I just love that Chip is so sure of himself. Rather than derail his fantasty Star-Spangled connection, I have just smiled and assured him that we are all held in the branches of one tree of life--and isn't it exciting that we have definietly breathed the Oxygen molecules breathed by famous Presidents, athletes, and even the dinosaurs.

You know, it could be worse. I convinced my class in elementary school that a monkey lived in our pasture, there was a whale in my bathtub, and I could speak to Unicorns.

Blessing #74, July 9, 2010


I am thankful that children refuse to limit themselves. Chip's imagination is so rich and so active-and it is a delight to watch it work.

No comments: