Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Waves

We started the day with phone calls to Aunt Cary and Aunt Courtni-both have birthdays today. Then, Nana went with the kids and me to Summer Waves on Jekyll Island. It was so much fun, and made so special because she was there to share it with them. The kids had so much fun running through the Splash Zone and riding the slides. After lunch we visited our friends and neighbors, Donny and Jackie, and the kids got to listen to Donny talk about WWII. He flew B-17s, and is full of memories as well as commentary on today's political scene. I don't believe my kids will get many chances to meet-much less talk to a pilot from WWII, so that was extraordinary.

As if that wasn't a red-letter day, we topped it off with pizza and a trip to see Toy Story 3. It was fabulous! What a great way to wrap up our vacation...now we have to get some sleep and get ready to head home tomorrow.

Blessing #93, July 29, 2010

I am thankful for Cary and Courtni! It is a blessing that my Mom was willing to help me take the kids to Summer Waves-we created memories and laughter that we will never forget. I am glad my children got to visit with a WW2 vet, and so glad that Woody, Buzz, and all the gang found a loving home!

No comments: