Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Million Dollar Smile

My Dad frequently refers to my "million dollar smile." I realize to many this would seem an endearment, but Dad means it almost literally. (there is a similar expression about my leg, but I'll save it for later) I just have bad teeth. I've had root canals, extractions, and braces TWICE. I floss religiously, brush with $30 prescription toothpaste, and get check ups every 6 months. I guess I'm trying to make it clear that a lack of hygiene isn't the issue.

Chip, at 7, has already had 3 cavities. Katie hasn't had any, yet, but I am waiting to see history repeat itself in her little mouth. So, today, when they each got their teeth cleaned I was overjoyed they both got good reports. I also figured that the Dr. would tell me I needed to get Chip to an orthodontist, but he said so far so good in that arena.

So, no more dentist visits are necessary this summer, we aren't about to drop a ton of cash on fillings and braces, and my kids got super cute toys out of the treasure chest. It is so great to get good news when you are expecting bad.....I left the dentist office today flashing that "Million Dollar Smile"

Blessing #71 July 7, 2010

I am thankful for good news and dental care. We are so lucky that we can get our teeth cleaned, filled, and straightened and that we have access to products that improve and maintain our health. I am not kidding about the $30 toothpaste the kids and I use. We are so fortunate.

No comments: