Sunday, August 1, 2010

Comfort and Meaning

Sometimes I hear a sermon, and it feels like it was written just for me. This morning we were still in Conyers with my in laws, so we attended their church, The Presbyterian Church of the Resurrection. We've visited there several times for Holidays or to talk about our visits to Haiti, and I have always been impressed with the message and the reverance of the congregation. But today was really special. Perhaps because I am grappling with tough news (I will share it later-but know that I am fine), I am more focused on seeking comfort and meaning. Today I found both. It's late, so I'm not going to recap the whole sermon, but I will convey what I felt the central message was-it was a message about the power of love-of God's love for us and about our love for one another. No matter the darkness we must walk through, it is never so dark that love cannot penetrate and shine a light to comfort us and help us see the way through.

Blessing #96, August 1, 2010

I am thankful for all the love in my life, and I am thankful that today I was reminded about its power. More importantly I am grateful for my faith, which provides me with comfort and strength.

No comments: