Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pillars of the Earth

I have read so much this summer. I read all the Sookie Stackhouse books, several professional books, and just completed the epic novel, The Pillars of the Earth.  It's been a long time since I've gotten lost in and refreshed by reading for pleasure.  I was amazed at the Pillars of the Earth.   It is so detailed and captivating. I couldn't wait for my next block of time for reading.  If only our history books could be written with such a focus on people and relationships, I would have had no trouble loving social studies.  The imagery of the churches, the towns, the monasteries, and the castles was so vibrant, that I felt I'd been transported back in time.

Blessing #112, August 17, 2010

I am thankful for the written word and all that it allows.  We use to learn, to teach, to record, and to entertain.  I can't imagine life before there were books like this one to get lost in and learn from.

No comments: