Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wait for me!!

What day is it? I feel so behind--like the world is taking off whether I'm ready or not....

Well, when I picked Katie up from school yesterday, she had that crazy, head cold voice.  She thought it was hilarious (it was kind of funny; I mean a petite blond 4 year with a super sexy grown up lady voice?)--and then the coughing started.  So, Trey was out today with both kids, while I went back to school.  I learned at lunchtime that Chip is still pretty bad off--Katie isn't worse, at least, but she's not well either.  I went ahead and arranged for a sub for tomorrow and will head back to the doctor with the boy. 

So, what does it take to make this OCD PhD fall off the blessing wagon?  Two sick kids, one full time job, and a serious lack of sleep.  Oh, sure, there are other issues going on too, but I don't have the energy to explain tonight......more on that later.

So, I'm still in my funk--but thank God for this exercise, which really has me looking for the blessings, even in the hard stuff.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010  Blessing #119--one day late, but again with the sleep-I mean what day is it?

Chip got about an hour and half of comfortable sleep this afternoon--granted he was doped on Benadryll to control the itching, but we piled up in my bed and napped like crazy.  Everything seemed a bit better when I woke up.  It was wonderful to get what I'd been praying for--a little comfort for my poor son.  So, cheesy, maybe, but that prayer was answered and it was a good thing.


Wednesday, August 25, 2010  Blessing #120  On time

Back at work today--it was good to see my students.  I was able to fully engage, too, because my husband was home taking care of the 2 sick kids-and he is great at it.  I am thankful that Trey is fully involved and an equal partner in parenting. I couldn't do this without him--he is a gift from God to me and to our children.

No comments: