Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Even Lovers Need a Holiday?

Sure, the song from the 80s has a nice ring to it, but I am not buying it. My husband, Trey, just returned from a continuing education meeting on Hilton Head Island. He was gone 5 days, and I am happy that he is home. With our vespers and graduation ceremonies, exam grades due, and a day trip to Atlanta for my Grandmother's birthday party I was really feeling Trey's absence. Usually we are both doing baths for the kids, reading bedtime stories, packing lunches, folding clothes, and caring for our dog, Jake. I was a single parent while he was gone. I missed his help, and I missed spending time with him.

Blessing #36, June 2, 2010

I am blessed that my husband is an involved, integral part of our household. We are 50/50 in raising the children and keeping the house. Did I mention that he is my soulmate? I know that I was careful in making a good choice for a husband, but I can't help but feel that luck was on my side.

No comments: