Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Most Important Thing a Father can do for his Children...

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is love their mother." I must have heard my dad say that 100 times. I didn't really understand as I was growing up, but now that I have my children of my own I get it. A father who loves his children's mother teaches the children how to love. He shows a daughter what a loving marriage should be, and gives that daughter the confidence and discernment to choose a partner wisely.

Yes, that's the most important, but my Father did so much more.

Blessing #54, June 20, 2010

I am thankful for my Father. His love for my mother and all of his family provided me a safe, secure, and happy childhood. He made me believe that I can accoomplish anything, and he taught me that God is Love. He modeled a fierce committment to integrity, compassion, charity, and service. He worked hard to provide me all the luxuries I have written of in this blog; water, shelter, food, clothing, and education. He empowered me to make a good choice in my husband. My Dad has been, and continues to be, a tremendous blessing in my life.

No comments: