Saturday, June 19, 2010

There are a lot of Dads in my life

Hee Hee! Reading the title makes me think of an opening line on a Jerry Springer episode. Well, that's not what I mean! I have the father of my children, my father, my father in law, brothers in law, and an uncle who are all honored on Fathers' Day by us. Over the next several days I will honor each one in turn. So, here goes volume 1.

We just got home from Trey's parent's house. We had a great time celebrating Fathers Day with his Dad and Uncle! There was steak for dinner, time for swimming, and lots of laughs. In one sense it is hard for me to believe that I have celebrated 10 fathers' days with Trey's family, but in another it feels like we have always been family. Watching his family, it isn't surprising how great he turned out.

Blessing #53, June 19, 2010

I am thankful for my father-in-law. Trey learned how to be a wonderful husband and father watching him, and I and my children are reaping the benefits.

No comments: