Monday, June 14, 2010

Feels like 105

My husband called this morning to say the AC wasn't working at his office. He was sweating and miserable. Just after I got the call, I read that the Athens Area was issued a heat advisory that will likely last the rest of the week. Actual temperature and humidity are making it feel like 105.

Meanwhile, Katie vomited at Vacation Bible School. Turns out it was not a big deal-she just got choked on her snack, but I watched her closely this afternoon anyway. In case she was infected with a virus, I canceled our dentist appointments and we just chilled on the couch. It was a wonderful, cool, and comfortable day. We made it through May without using the AC, so when we finally had cool air in the house, it felt like a miracle.

Blessing #48, June 14, 2010

Today I am thankful for my air conditioned house. I wish that all who wanted it could have the opportunity to feel cool, comfortable, and relaxed in a climate controlled home.

No comments: