Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nothing But a Bottle of Ketchup

I am not a huge fan of grocery shopping, but I like an empty cupboard even less. I've been known to say, "There is nothing in my kitchen but a bottle of ketchup," when things get really bare. The expression is based in reality--one stressful time, with kids arguing and hungry, I remember opening the fridge and seeing only a bottle of Heinz. Anyway, hungry children, a hungry husband, and a hungry dog just make any situation more stressful. (Did I mention the classroom pet, a mouse named Jill, has moved in with me? I'm sure she'll be hungry before long...)

This weekend, our family outing was to Sams Club, and our fridge and pantry are overflowing. We've had great meals and wonderful times. Everyone loves being at home and together when there is plenty of good food to eat.


Blessing #47, June 13, 2010

Today I am thankful for a full pantry. I know that people in Athens and all over the world are hungry, and I know there are parents who want badly to give their children enough to eat. It is a blessing that my husband and I can fill our pantry and provide our children with plenty of food and memories of good times around the table.

No comments: