Saturday, June 12, 2010

If you tell me when...

I never believed in falling in love fast; certainly not in one evening. But during our first date, I was confident that I would marry my husband. I hadn't told him this yet, of course, but I knew it just the same. I wasn't sure how he was feeling, so I figured I'd better not get too forthcoming. He shocked me with his comments about our next date.

As we were saying goodnight on the front porch of my parents' house, he said, "I would like to see you again." I was thinking "Sweet!" but I said something vague like, "Oh, well, when you're home from school, call me and we'll hang out." His reply was epic...he said, "Anna, you don't understand. If you tell me when I can see you, I'm coming home." I was amazed at his courage and his honesty. There wasn't a shred of guesswork or gaming for me to do, and it was the sexiest thing ever.

It's hard for me to believe that was 10 years ago. Anyway, today is his 35th birthday. He designed a fabulous day. We watched the USA England game, and then went out for dinner and a movie. The US pulled out a tie, the dinner was fabulous, the movie was fair, and I was just as sure about my life with him as ever. I'm hoping for at least 35 more birthdays together.

Blessing #46, June 12, 2010

I am blessed to share a life with my husband. I am crazy in love with him, and marrying him is the best decision I ever made. He is a wonderful man and father, and he's still not afraid to tell me exactly what he is thinking.

No comments: