Monday, June 7, 2010

Freezing Time

Chip was off early to soccer camp this morning, and Katie and I had "girls only" time. We went for a long walk, ate a great breakfast, and talked a lot. She is getting to be the quite the conversationalist! Today she regaled me with her future plans--she is intending to have "Straight down hair with no bumps like you, Mommy," be a teacher, marry brother and live in this house with her parents forever. FYI, bumps is Katie's word for curls--and she has a head full of ringlets.

The best moment today was when she looked up and said, "OK, Mommy, it's snuggle time!" We piled up on the sectional, played double shutter, and shared her gavi (this is Katie's name for her blanket). Being with my daugther with no distractions allowed me to marvel at who she is becoming. This is a little girl, not a toddler. She's got her own ideas and she isn't afraid to share them. She's tall and waifish, spunky as all get out, and carried away with the color pink, makeup, and monopolizing Mommy's attention. Wow, she is remarkable-I wished I could freeze time and finish soaking in the current Katie. But, time won't stop and she'll be a whole new person before I even get used to this one. What a ride.

Blessing #41, June 7, 2010

I am thankful for time with just Katie. The second child never gets used to being the only one, and when it is just us, she feels so special. Today I was able to focus on her for long periods with no distraction. She ate it up and I was amazed at who she is becoming. I am one lucky mother.

No comments: