Thursday, May 20, 2010

Home

Today I am thankful for shelter. It is hard for me to fathom that right here in Athens there are people with no home. I have been grieving for years about the poverty in Haiti, and since the earthquake in January, even more people are left with no shelter in that devastated country. Homelessness is a tragedy all over the world.

Blessing #23, May 20, 2010


This evening I am tired, and I could complain about my papers to grade, or the ants in my kitchen, or Katie's fever, or Chip's homework. But those things are small--and my job is to remember blessings everyday. A big blessing in my life is my home. It is a place where my family feels comfortable, relaxed, and safe. It it is cool in summer, and warm in winter, and dry in the rain. It is a big blessing and the goodness of it makes the small stuff seem smaller.

No comments: