Monday, May 31, 2010

Put a Fork in It

Well, it's done. Every last one of my exams is graded. I have worked on them all day, and I feel a bit cross eyed. But, it is a great feeling to put a fork in the school year. Just a few days of post planning to go and it will be summer time.

The real miracle is that I accomplished all of this while my husband was busy catching up on his continuing education. My children were such great sports about hanging out in my classroom for 6 hours while I graded furiously. They even seemed to enjoy writing on the board, drawing pictures, and watching movies.

And it isn't lost on me that today is Memorial Day. I am free to work in a career I choose, parent how I see fit, choose my leaders and voice my opinions.

Blessing #34, May 31, 2009


The blessings today are freedom and a feeling of accomplishment that comes from finishing a job that I love.

No comments: