Wednesday, January 26, 2011

5 is the number.........

Tuesday January 25, 2011 Blessing #263

I finally got back to yoga today-and it was fabulous.  I go through the days without really noticing how my posture and gait change with this pregnancy--but I felt much better after some focused stretching and breathing.  Yoga is all about noticing and being thankful for your body--and boy am I thankful. This body is growing a miracle.

So, 5 is the number.  Today 5 people made comments about just how pregnant I'm looking.  These are not 5 people who I am particularly close with--but nonetheless they felt comfortable assuring me there was NO WAY I could make it to my due date.  Really?  I would say they just don't get it--but these are women who have had babies-a few of them recently!

Now, I love being pregnant and I love my belly--so I'm not one of those who run to the bathroom and boo-hoo when folks point out the size of it.  In fact, I'm super proud of it!  However, I have friends who do get emotional about such comments and I hereby vow not to forget that post pregnancy.

Today I am blessed with yoga and blessed to be thankful for and not ashamed of my body!

No comments: