Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kickboxing Baby

Saturday January 15, 2011  Blessing #253

I might have forgotten how to be a teacher. The snow gave us all week off last week, and we are out on Monday for Martin Luther King day.  I will have to go in and get things organized at school Sunday or Monday--now that my house is finally together.  Soon we'll have Henslee's crib and the full bed in her room, and that will just about do it!  Katie's big girl room with big girl furniture looks fabulous-and the kids are both working on keeping their rooms clean and organized (for stickers, of course!).

I had to miss an appointment with my Dr. last week due to snow and can't make it up till Friday--but if Henslee's activity level is any indication-she is doing just fine.  We are crossing into that time where her movements can, but don't always, actually hurt. She is waking me up a few times a night with what feels like the equivalent of cardio kickboxing.

Today I helped Chip and Katie put together 3 floor puzzles (Melissa and Doug floor puzzles are a must for us--easy to clean and just the right amount of challenge!)--one of our solar system, one of dinosaurs, and one of the ocean.  Chip wanted to put them together in the order "they existed in"-so the solar system first, then dinosaurs, then the ocean (modern day life including whales and other mammals).  Katie was helping a great deal--at one point, I sat back and marveled at how much they have grown, how much they can do, and how fast they have changed.  I was overcome with pride and gratitude for these marvelous people my children are becoming. And to think there's one more coming!  What a blessing!

No comments: