Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eggs, Grits, Haiti, and the Little Things

Thursday, January 27, 2011  Blessing #265

This morning the kids and I got up extra early for a special  breakfast at Waffle House.  We do this about once a semester and they love it!  It was fabulous (and I didn't even mind the waitress telling me not to worry cause there was no way I was carrying this baby more than another week--I mean I just thought--woman bring me some eggs and grits!).  We were talking about Daddy's upcoming trip to Haiti, and Chip says to Katie, "Katie, can you believe that in Haiti most kids don't get to eat breakfast?"  What is there to add to that?  Surely you see the blessing in the gentle spirit and awareness that this boy possesses.  What a gift from God he is.

In other news--I left school during planning to grocery shop b/c the last 2 nights I just couldn't do it.  I'm getting to the point where my feet and ankles are achy and a bit swollen at night--and I just can't jump  up and buy groceries, load groceries, unload groceries, and put groceries away.  So, when I get home today the house will be straight (Gloria comes!!) and the fridge and pantry will be full.  Funny how the little things can add such a spring to my step.

Thank God for breakfast, Chip's insight, and the little things.

No comments: