Saturday, January 29, 2011

Down for The Count

Friday, January 28, 2011 Blessing #266

I have to look backwards--I attended the Upper School Talent Show at Athens Academy last night and left amazed at the talent of our student body (and with the biggest ankles I've had yet--no more 15 hour days for me!).  There were singing and dancing acts, and the program was punctuated with senior comedic skits.  I was impersonated in one, and it was a riot!  Right down to the pregnant waddle!  I am just so blessed to work with these kids.

As far as today goes, it is Friday and it is about time! I think between the snow week and the MLK Holiday, I have forgotten how to work 5 days in a row.  The kids might have forgotten too.  Chip and Katie were exhausted when I picked them up and hardly said a word on the way home.  As soon as we walked in the house I got horizontal on the couch and I stayed there till bed time.  Trey took the kids to the dollar movie, and I wanted to go, but I just didn't have it in me.  I was in bed by 8:30pm and didn't even stand up long enough to fix myself supper.

So, there's just no way around it--I'm really pregnant--33 weeks plus a few days, I think, and today I am blessed that I have a comfortable safe place to rest, and a family who loves and supports me and this new Baby already!

No comments: